Using the map
- Click on a dot for a summary of a massacre site.
- Click on a dot and then 'Details' for the full information about a site and to see a 3 dimensional view of the location.
- Click the double arrow icon at top left to see the map key.
- Click the double arrow icon at top right to show and hide the title and description box.
- Click and drag the map to move it around.
- Use the mouse scroll or the plus and minus buttons at top left to zoom in and out.
- Grab the circle at either end of the timeline at the bottom of the map. Drag it back and forth to select segments of time. You can see sites appear and disappear as you slide back and forth.
- Having selected a segment of time, such as the decade from 1780 to 1790. Click the play button at the left, to see the pattern of massacres on the colonial frontier over time, as the one decade window of time moves across the timeline.
Information about the project and about colonial frontier massacres
In the box at top right of the map, click on 'Introduction' for a summary of the research and findings. From the Introduction page you can also navigate to:
- Introduction An overview of the project and its findings.
- Statistics Graphs and figures about the massacres.
- Site List A full listing of all sites in the database and on the map, ordered by time. You can click for the full details of each site and a 3D map view.
- Groups A list of massacres that occurred as part of a group or series of massacres.
- Representations A brief list of some other ways massacres have been represented.
- Sources Access the bibliography of all sources used. The details for each site indicates which source was used.
- About Information about the project.
- Contact If you would like to help by providing information, or request re-use of the information you can use the contact form.